I observed that the basic motive for success is the driving force of envy and jealousy!
Ecclesiastes 4:4 (LB)
The man without a purpose is like a ship without a rudder__a waif,a nothing,a no man.
Everyone’s life is driven by something.
Most dictionaries define the verb drive as “to guide, to control, or to direct.” Whether you are driving a car,a nail, or a golf ball,you are guiding,controlling,and directing it at that moment. What is the driving force in your life?
Right now you may be driven by a problem,a pressure, or a deadline. You may be driven by a painful memory,a haunting fear, or an unconscious belief. There are hundreds of circumstances,values and emotions that can drive your life. Here are five of the most common ones:
1. Many people are driven by guilt. They spend their entire lives running from regrets and hiding their shame. They allow their past to control their future. God’s purpose is not limited by your past.
2. Many people are driven by resentment and anger. Instead of releasing their pain through forgiveness, they rehearse it over and over in their minds. The Bible says,”To worry yourself to death with resentment would be a foolish,senseless thing to do.” Job 5:2(TEV)
3. Many are driven by fear. Fear-driven people often miss great opportunities because they’re afraid to venture out. Fear is a self-imposed prison that will keep you from becoming what God intends for you to be. You must move against it with the weapons of faith and love.
4. Many people are driven by materialism. Wealth can be lost instantly through a variety of uncontrollable factors. Real security can only be found in that which can never be taken from you__your relationship with God.
5. Many people are driven by the need of approval. They allow the expectations of parents or spouses or children or teachers or friends to control their lives. I don’t know all the keys to success,but one key to failure is to try to please everyone.